Script error: No such module "Unsubst". Template:Infobox writer
In 2009 The CW ordered a pilot to Jason Rothenberg and Bill Robinson's long-in-the-works drama about a group of young Washington, D.C. staffers. The project was originally sold to The WB back in November 2005 by ABC Studios (then known as Touchstone Television). However the show did not appear in the CW's fall schedule in early 2009 and on May 21, 2009, in an interview with Dawn Ostroff, the CW's CEO stated the show was still in consideration for midseason. Finally, on August 4, 2009, Dawn Ostroff announced that the project was officially dead for the CW.
After the CW didn't pick up the pilot, the Rothenberg and Robinson tried to promote the potential series to other networks including NBC and ABC. It was reported that NBC liked what they saw, but didn't have space for it and ABC was considering the series for midseason. In the end, no one picked up the series.
Although the series was left out, critics were positive enough with the 14–20 minute pilot presentation. E! Online describe it as the "Best Pilot you may never see" and that "if the CW ever wants us to take it seriously as a trademark network of our generation, it needs to branch out from its usual routine of picking up shows geared for a younger audience. The Body Politic is a cure to that problem".
The series premiered on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 and was watched by an estimated 2.7 million American viewers, and received an 18–49 rating of 0.9. It is considered the most-watched show in its time-slot on The CW since 2010 with the series Life Unexpected. On Rotten Tomatoes, the show's first season was certified "fresh", with 72% of professional reviewers reviewing it positively, with a consensus of "Although flooded with stereotypes, the suspenseful atmosphere helps make The 100 a rare high-concept guilty pleasure." On Metacritic, the first season scores 63 out of 100 points, indicating "generally favorable reviews."
Network renewed The 100 for second season on May 8, 2014. The second season premiered on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 and received an 18–49 rating of 0.5 with 1.54 million American viewers, which was less than the final episode of season 1. However the second season was met with more favorable reviews, holding a rating of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. IGN also gave the show a more positive review. IGN editor Eric Goldman writes, "Overcoming most of its early growing pains pretty quickly, The 100 was a very strong show by the end of its first season. But Season 2 elevated the series into the upper echelon, as the show become one of the coolest and most daring series on TV these days."
|1992||Original Intent||Paramount Home Video||Key set production assistant||Directed by Robert Marcarelli|
|1998||American Cuisine||Polygram Filmed Entertainment||Key production assistant||Directed by Jean-Yves Pitoun|
|1999||Julien Donkey-Boy||Fine Line Features||Production office coordinator||Directed by Harmony Korine|
|2009||Body Politic||The CW|| Series co-developer;
|Cancelled television pilot|
|2014–present||The 100|| Series developer;
|Based on first book in the trilogy of the same name by Kass Morgan|
- https://bodypoliticreport.wordpress.com/tag/jason-rothenberg/ Pilot order
- http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2009/05/dawn-ostroff-says-gossip-girl-spin-off-could-still-get-a-spot-on-the-cw-schedule.html Dawn Ostroff says 'Gossip Girl' spin off could still get a spot on The CW schedule
- http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2009/05/the-body-politic-.html "Body Politic": I've Now Seen the Pilot; The CW Needs to Pick It Up
- http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/04/press-tour-diary-the-cw-executive-session/ Press Tour Diary: The CW Executive Session
- http://nickctv.wordpress.com/2009/06/19/body-politic-future/ BODY POLITIC Future
- http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b127629_body_politic_best_pilot_you_may_never.html< Body Politic - Best pilot you may never see
- http://www.ew.com/article/2013/05/09/cw-sci-fi-shows CW orders 3 new sci-fi shows
- http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/100/ 100, THE (CW)
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/20/wednesday-final-ratings-survivor-adjusted-up-no-adjustment-for-the-100/246391/ Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'The 100'
- ‘The 100′ Premiere is the CW’s Most Watched Show in the Time Period Since 2010 – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
- http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-100 The 100 on metacritic
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/beauty-and-the-beast-renewed-by-the-cw/261847/ 'Beauty and the Beast', 'The 100' and 'Hart of Dixie' Renewed by The CW
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/23/wednesday-final-ratings-the-middle-the-goldbergs-modern-family-black-ish-adjusted-down-final-world-series-numbers/318375/ Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', & 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Up; 'black-ish' Adjusted Down + Final World Series Numbers
- http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/-CW/ The 100 on metactitic
- http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/15/the-100-season-2-review The 100: Season 2 Review – IGN
- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-renews-arrow-flash-supernatural-762522 CW Renews 'Arrow,' 'Flash,' 'Supernatural,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals,'
- http://www.melty.com/the-100-season-3-s-first-promotional-image-released-a689.html The 100 Season 3's first promotional image released